Discover HELIOS Energy Storage System is purpose-built for the replacement of 24V and 48V groupings of the popular GC-size lead-acid battery used in off-grid solar systems. Discover HELIOS ESS incorporates a proprietary high-current BMS that delivers superior peak power along with lightning-fast 1C continuous charge and discharge rates, and unlike lead-acid batteries, can be continuously operated in a partial state of charge (PSOC) without degrading performance. Discover HELIOS features COLD CHARGE functionality, allowing cold temperature charging to begin from -20⁰C / -4⁰F.
Introducing HELIOS ESS, the newest battery from Discover. Launching in the fall of 2022, HELIOS ESS is purpose-built for off-grid solar and backup power applications and is available in 24V and 48V options.
- Multi-battery BMS communication
- Connect battery string to LYNK Gateway
- Remote ON / OFF
- Field serviceable fuse protects your investment from abuse or misuse
- ON/OFF Switch
- At-a-glance multi-colour status LED
- Plug-and-Play system-wide BMS communication
- Sets voltage, broadcasts SoC and temperature
- High Peak Discharge and 1/C Continuous Charge Current
- Integrated self-heating
- Charging from -20˚C / -4˚F
- Up to double the runtime of lead-acid battery
- 100% usable capacity
- 100% Depth of Discharge
- 10x the Life of a lead-acid battery (BCI-06)
- Unlimited Partial State of Charge cycles
- Energy throughput performance warranty
- Up to 5x faster than new lead-acid batteries
- 2x faster than C/2 rated lithium batteries
- Opportunity charge at 1C rate anytime, regardless of SoC
- 50% less weight than similar sized lead-acid battery
- Up to 50% more energy efficient than a lead-acid battery
- Up to 98% round-trip efficiency
- Fast Installation. No special tools
- Drop-in lead-acid replacement
- Field replaceable fuse protection
- Real-Time optimization of the charge rate
- Faster Recharge from 0% to 100% SoC than lead-acid battery
- Easy to parallel more capacity
- Linear scaling of charge, discharge and peak capacity
- Parallel up to 20 batteries per LYNK device
- LiFePO4 automotive grade cobalt-free cells are safe and certified
- UL94 VO flame retardant case and cover
- IP 67 rated for humid and wet environment applications
- Connects battery string to LYNK gateway
- Multi-battery BMS communication
How do I work with Discover?
Discover sells through solar industry distributors and installers. We do not sell directly to homeowners.If you’re a solar industry professional tell us about yourself and a member of our sales team will reach out to you shortly.
We want to hear from you.
Our global sales team, located in major centres around the world, is standing by to provide guidance and advice as well as answer specific questions about all of your unique applications.
#7-13511 Crestwood Place, Richmond, BC Canada V6V 2E9
Tel: +1-778-776-3288 Fax: 604-248-0175
Discover Lithium product family offers an industry-leading warranty to ensure years of trouble-free, high-performance operation.
Click on the REGISTER PRODUCT button and use the form to register your product(s) to validate your warranty.
LYNK ACCESS PC Software
- Configure LYNK Device
- Monitor Discover Lithium Batteries
- Troubleshoot and monitor Discover Lithium batteries
- Simulate and validate integration of Discover Lithium Batteries
Advanced Integration - Faster Charging
Unlock the full potential of an HELIOS ESS battery by enabling the BMS to optimize and dynamically manage the charge configurations of the world’s best industrial chargers and mobile inverter chargers. The LYNK PORT on each HELIOS ESS battery allows for real-time closed-loop communication between multiple batteries and with a charger, or inverter-charger, using LYNK II to aggregate and communicate the State of Charge.
IP65 network cables, rated for wet and humid environments, are available for IP67-rated HELIOS ESS batteries.
- DLP B2B-400 (COMM Cable 0.4 meters / 15.75 inches) | PN: 950-0035
- DLP TOL-7600 (COMM Cable 7.6 meters / 299.25 inches) | PN: 950-0037
- DLP TOL-1800 (COMM Cable 1.8 meters / 70.87 inches) | PN: 950-0036
- DLPT Connector (COMM T Connector) | PN: 950-0041
- DLP T Connector (COMM T Connector) with DLP B2B-400 (COMM Cable 0.4 meters / 15.75 inches) | PN: 950-0038