Discover® DRY CELL Traction Industrial batteries outperform traditional Flooded, AGM, and Gel deep-cycle batteries in demanding traction and industrial applications. The batteries are designed to deliver a long runtime, high operating current and withstand deep discharge and are ideal for powering equipment that is used multiple times a day.
DRY CELL Traction Industrial batteries have been used and trusted for more than ten years by the world’s largest industrial Original Equipment Manufacturers. Specific charge algorithms are available that support optimal battery performance and longevity.
|Industry Reference||BCI: 31T|
|Length A (in/mm)||12.9||327|
|Width B (in/mm)||7.1||180|
|Height C (in/mm)||10||254|
|Total Height D (in/mm)||10.8||274|
|Technology||DRY CELL AGM, VRLA|
NOTE 1: Dimensions have a ±2 mm (0.08 in) tolerance. Weights may vary.
NOTE 2: Refer to terminal guide on website for torque values.
|Internal Resistance (mΩ)||4|
|Short Circuit (A) (20°C / 68°F)||3800|
|Self-Discharge (20°C / 68°F)||2-3% per month|
|Charge Temperature||Min: -10°C (14°F) | Max: 50°C (122°F)|
|Discharge Temperature||Min: -40°C (-40°F) | Max: 50°C (122°F)|
NOTE 3: Extra considerations must be given when designing systems for use at maximum temperatures.
NOTE 4: Internal Resistance is approximate.
|Amp Hours (AH)|
|3 HR||5 HR||20 HR|
3 HR: 1.70VPC; 5 HR: 1.75VPC; 20 HR: 1.80VPC. All at 25°C/77°F
|Minutes of Discharge|
- Organic capillary separators with hydro polymer electrolytes resist dry-out and prevent thermal runaway
- Maintains performance characteristics over operational life
- Thick plates with graphite enhanced alloys deliver maximum runtime over operational life
- Carbon additives to increase duty cycle performance, charge acceptance and partial state of charge operation
AUTOMATED THROUGH-THE-PARTITION WELD
- Improved intercell weld consistency, and less lead waste than manual welding process (key models)
- Supports higher current loads and lowers internal resistance
- High heat resistance and durability (key industry models)
- High precision pressure relief valves reduce water loss and extend life
- Integrated flame arrestors prevent fire and explosion
- High amp hour capacity
- High operational voltage over lifetime
- Delivers 80% DoD above 1.9 VPC
EXTENDED SERVICE LIFE
- Long life superior to deep-cycle FLA / AGM / Gel batteries
- 550+ cycles 70% DoD (IEC 254-1 Traction Lead-Acid)
- 350+ cycles 100% DoD (DIN 43 539 VRLA)
- Partial stage of charge operation superior to AGM
- Intense duty cycling superior to AGM / Gel
- Overcharge and over-discharge resilience superior to AGM
- Compatible with AGM / Gel semi-traction charge profile
- High temperature life superior to AGM
- Low temperature operation superior to FLA / AGM / Gel batteries
EXTREME VIBRATION RESISTANCE
- Vibration resistance superior to AGM / Gel
- Shock tested (IEC 61373, DIN EN 61373, SAE J537)
- Exceeds OEM specifications
- Innovative technology
- Global service and support
RELIABLE AND SAFE
- Valve Regulated Lead-Acid, Dry Cell AGM
- Maintenance-free, nonspillable, no-gassing
- Spark and explosion tested (SAE J1495)
Discover® manufacturing facilities are fully certified to ISO 9001/14001 and OSHA 18001 standards.
Designed in accordance with and published in compliance with applicable standards, including:
- IEC 60254-1. Lead-Acid Traction
- DIN 43 539. VRLA
- SAE J537. Storage
- UL, CE Health Safety Certified
- Classified as a nonspillable battery
- Without restriction for transport by Sea (IMDG amendment 27)
- Without restriction for transport by Air (IATA/ICAO provision 67)
- Without restriction for transport by Ground (STB, DOT-CFR-HMR49)
Temperature Effects on Capacity
Test Standards and Cycle Life
Open Circuit Voltage in Relations to SOC (20°C)
IUI Pulse Charge Profile
Constant Current (IUI) Charge Profile
Voltage Regulated (IUU) Charge Profile
Relations between Charge, Voltage, and Temperature
- Due to self-discharge characteristics of lead-acid battery technologies, batteries should be top charged within 6 months of storage to ensure optimum performance, prevent sulphation and permanent capacity loss.
- Charge profile recommendations correspond to battery voltages at 25°C (77°F). For temperatures below, adjust +5mVPC/°C (+3mVPC/°F). Temperatures above, adjust -5mVPC/°C (-3mVPC/°F). Temperature compensated charging helps ensure optimum battery runtime and life performance.
- Charge profile recommendations depend on application and charger. IUI (or IUI with Pulse) is appropriate for applications that require frequent and deep discharges. IUU is appropriate for applications that are on standby and cycled less frequently.
- IUI with Pulse algorithm uses a pulse termination criterion. The finish current is pulsed on and off in order to keep the battery voltage at a minimum while still reaching target overcharge. If average VPC exceeds U4 and the charger output has been on for more than 30 seconds, the output is shut off until VPC falls to U3.
- IUI Charge Profile (if applicable), may have a continuous float phase added (2.27VPC).
Discover® reserves the right to make adjustments to this publication at any time, without notice or obligation. Data in this publication are for reference use only and models may vary from shown. It is the responsibility of the reader of this information to verify any and all information presented herein. For more information contact us at email@example.com