Discover® DRY CELL Rail Transit batteries outperform traditional AGM and Gel batteries, and are a resilient battery solution for passenger rail and transit applications. The batteries exceed rigorous passenger transport safety tests and incorporate design features that adhere to frequent vibration, wide operating temperatures, high cranking, and long duration cyclic current draws.
DRY CELL Rail Transit batteries are trusted by some of most reputable rail, bus, and tram organizations in the world.
Trusted for use in Passenger Transportation
- Organic capillary separators with hydropolymer electrolytes resist dry-out and prevent thermal runaway
- Maintains performance characteristics over operational life
- Thick plates with graphite enhanced alloys deliver maximum runtime over operational life
- Carbon additives increase duty cycle performance, charge acceptance, and partial state of charge operation
Automatic Through-The-Partition Weld
- Improved intercell weld consistency and less lead waste than manual welding process (key industry models)
- Supports high current loads and lowers internal resistance
- High heat resistance and durability (key industry models)
- High precision pressure relief valves reduce water loss and extend life
- Integrated flame arrestors to prevent fire and explosion