By definition, a whole home backup inverter charger backs up all the loads in the home. The battery needs to be able to support a high discharge rate, high peak power output to support the start-up surge of the inverter and be able to quickly charge by accepting high charge currents. Almost all inverters in this class are 48V DC input. The backup batteries will spend a significant amount of time in float, and when needed, they are likely to experience a deep discharge.
- Lowest total lifetime cost
- LiFePO cell technology
- Recommended useable capacity 100%
- Partial State of Charge use recommended
- ≧10-year daily cycle design life at 100% DoD
- Unlimited cycle Energy throughput warranty
- Ultra-fast charging profile
- >98% high charge rate efficiency
- >95% average life-time round trip efficiency
- Low to medium up-front cost
- Flat plate and tubular plate technologies
- Recommended useable capacity 50%
- Partial State of Charge use decreases life
- ≦5-year daily cycle design life at 50% DOD
- Prorated manufactures defect warranty
- Slow charging profile
- <80% high charge rate efficiency
- <65% average life-time round trip efficiency
Lithium AES LiFePO4
HELIOS Energy Storage System
Battery Comparison & Cost Calculator
Having difficulty explaining the real cost of energy storage options in a way your customers can understand? Discover’s Energy Storage Cost Calculator is a tool for installers that compares CAPEX vs OPEX of the major storage chemistries used in off-grid solar over a 10-year period.
Compare AES lithium to other lithium, tubular or lead acid battery systems. All you need is the manufacturer’s data sheet and battery specifications. Discover’s Energy Storage Cost Calculator generates a printable report that will help you demonstrate the impact of battery chemistry choice on your customer’s total cost of energy storage.