The main concern for rural microgrid batteries is the amount of useful energy capacity and the ability to scale up capacity to meet autonomy needs. The battery’s charge/discharge efficiency and useful energy versus system design life calculation will have a significant impact on the project’s economics.
- Lowest total lifetime cost
- LiFePO cell technology
- Recommended useable SoC 10%– 90%
- Partial State of Charge use recommended
- ≧15-year daily cycle design life at 80% DoD
- >10x the IEC61427 endurance life of lead-acid
- Medium up-front cost
- OPZ tubular plate technology
- Recommended useable capacity 50%
- Partial State of Charge use decreases life
- ≦8-year daily cycle design life at 50% DOD
- <2600 PSOC cycle life (IEC 61427)
Lithium AES LiFePO4
Energy Storage Tubular Cells
Battery Comparison & Cost Calculator
Having difficulty explaining the real cost of energy storage options in a way your customers can understand? Discover’s Energy Storage Cost Calculator is a tool for installers that compares CAPEX vs OPEX of the major storage chemistries used in off-grid solar over a 10-year period.
Compare AES lithium to other lithium, tubular or lead acid battery systems. All you need is the manufacturer’s data sheet and battery specifications. Discover’s Energy Storage Cost Calculator generates a printable report that will help you demonstrate the impact of battery chemistry choice on your customer’s total cost of energy storage.